Hampden opened its doors in the legendary Trelawny region of Jamaica in 1753 and sold by barrel to the United Kingdom and later to Europe as a component in blended rums for over 2 centuries but never bottled themselves until now. In 2018 Master Distiller Vivian Wisdom released the first aged releases from Hampden Estates under their own label in 265 years.
The following key characteristics make this Rum endemic since it cannot be reproduced, therefore rendering it unique:
- Produced with spring water from the estate
- Extended fermentation using natural yeasts yielding a high level of esters
- 100% pot still; distilled in double retort copper pot stills
- Fully matured in the tropics
- Completely natural process, no coloring or sugar added
With the release of its amazing rums, initially a 46% and 60% overproof, Hampden has taken the world by storm as people discover that rum can be just as interesting, rare and complex - or more - than other sipping spirits.
Hampden Estate rums are available in Hong Kong/Macau and Thailand through Merchants of Pleasure so get in touch with us and see why this beautiful is transforming the way the world sees rum.